Berean Baptist Academy Athletics Mission Statement
Berean Athletics exists as an integral part of Berean Baptist Academy. The athletic department enhances the Academy’s mission by employing the unique platform of athletics to develop Christian character, strive for excellence, and build Christ-centered relationships. Intense competition teaches crucial lessons that guide staff, athletes, and spectators as they seek to turn all praise and glory back to God.
Berean Athletics fully endorses Berean Baptist Academy’s commitment to Christ and the Bible. Furthermore, the athletic department believes sports is an important part of BBA’s academic program. Therefore, the following objectives provide guidance to accomplish these beliefs.
- To offer a well-balanced and diverse program of interscholastic athletics that complements BBA’s total educational program
- To provide a Christian coaching staff characterized by the highest levels of professional instruction and supervision
- To establish mentoring relationships between coaches and athletes that last beyond the playing field
- To train students to view athletics and competition from a biblical perspective
- To encourage the development of self-discipline, a strong work ethic, self-sacrifice, loyalty, and pride in one’s team
- To develop physical training and nutritional habits that not only increase the athlete’s performance on the playing field, but also instill lifelong healthy behaviors
- To communicate the value of commitment, teamwork, and cooperation
- To cultivate a respect for authority, teammates, opponents, and the game itself
- To partner with the parents and community in helping their athlete reach his/her fullest potential
- To increase student and spectator interest and involvement in each sport
“Developing Christian Character” (Galatians 5:22-23) (Romans 13:14) (1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
“Striving for Excellence” (Proverbs 22:1) (Colossians 3:23) (Colossians 1:10) (2, 5, 6, 8)
“Building Christ-centered Relationships” (Ephesians 4:2-3) (Romans 12:1-4) (Colossians 3:12-14) (1, 3, 7, 9, 10)